Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Wealth of Networks

Well from first glance of this book it seems to have several good reviews.  I am assuming that the book is about how technology has grown and changed so much and has changed our society.  I get the feeling that this author intends to show how this "wealth of networks" our society is so involved in is a good thing.  I really enjoyed the quote from John Stuart Mill in the beginning about how human nature isn't a set thing it is always changing, I really think that this helped set the tone for the book.  By looking at the contents of the book, I gather that Benkler is planning on showing the pros and cons of how media/networks has affected various parts of society like economy, freedom, justice etc but then potentially show how the pros could outweigh the cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment