Monday, October 3, 2011

Research Proposal redo


Elizabeth Maddox
Research Proposal
(re-edited)

Title: Simulation training in the Military

After watching a PBS special called digital_nation I was interested in how the military uses simulation in training and wanted to take a closer look.  I suppose some questions to look at further would be:

-how effective is simulation?
-why use it?
-what is the connection between simulation and the military experience center?
-why is this center an effective approach to generate interest? Or is it not?
-what skills does simulation offer?
-what do people think about simulation training?
-what does the military think about simulation training?
-what skills are gained? If any?

I also want to take a look at some of the history of simulation training and how it has evolved and also compare military training simulation to medical simulation training and how people feel about that and how those feelings differ in each field.

My feelings about simulation training fall more on the side of the military and that it is an effective tool.  But there are some drawbacks (and I also agree with the parents that for the military experience center that 13 is too young for boys and girls to be going, perhaps 15 is a better age because they are more mature)

This is a side note but I kind of want to touch on how I think that simulation is different from video gaming.  I feel that it is like all video games can be a simulation but not all simulations are video games kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment